Gardening with the moon
Lunar calendar of gardening in November 2020: If you need a little helping hand with knowing when to plant and harvest fruits, vegetables, and flowers in November 2020, know that you can receive it from Earth’s natural satellite in person!
Lunar gardening calendar: the principle
For more than a century, several generations of gardeners and peasants have observed the influence of the moon on the quality of their crops.
By comparing observations and experiments, several principles were highlighted, which made it possible to establish correspondences between the phases of the moon, its trajectory in the sky, and the development of plants … with the key to real benefits of the moon on plants, fruits, and vegetables in the garden!
Lunar calendar in November 2020: which moon phases?
Lunar calendar of gardening in November 2020: If you follow the precepts of lunar gardening, the rising and falling phases of the moon are very important: indeed, the phases of the rising moon are those during which you will be able to sow, grow, graft; while the descending phases will be reserved for pruning, planting, cuttings and repotting.
Likewise, during the waxing moon phases (the period from new moon to full moon) harvests are said to be for conservation, while during waning moon phases (the period from full moon to the next new moon), the crops are made to be eaten.
During the first half of November :
From November 1 to November 2, 2020: ascending moon
From November 3 to 15, 2020: waning moon
First-quarter: Sunday 22 November
Full moon: Monday, November 30
During the second half of November :
From November 16 to 29, 2020: ascending moon
Monday, November 30, 2020: waning moon
Last quarter: Sunday, November 8
New moon: Sunday, November 15
Lunar calendar in November 2020: the days when it is better not to garden
Lunar calendar of gardening in November 2020: Gardening with the moon implies respecting certain principles, such as for example that of not gardening (or else to avoid gardening 5 hours before or after) on days when the moon is at a period:
– Of apogee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon deviates from it as much as possible (maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon).
– Perigee, which corresponds to the moment when, during its journey around the Earth, the moon approaches the latter as much as possible (minimum distance between the two stars).
– Lunar node (when, during its rotation around the Earth, the moon “cuts” the plane of rotation of the latter around the Sun).
For the month of November 2020 :
Lunar perigee: Saturday, November 14
Ascending lunar node: Tuesday, November 17
Lunar peak: Friday, November 27
Descending lunar node: Wednesday, November 4
Lunar calendar for the month of November 2020: fruit days, leaf days, flower days …
Lunar calendar of gardening in November 2020: By taking into account its orbit, its axis, and its distance from the Earth, the lunar calendar differentiates:
- Fruit days, during which you will have to focus on your fruit trees, whether it is planting, sowing, or harvesting!
- Root days, when the emphasis should be on planting, sowing, and harvesting bulbs and root vegetables.
- Flower days, in other words, the perfect days to care for your flowers, shrubs, and other plants.
- Leafy days, particularly favorable for cutting, pruning, planting, sowing, and cutting of leafy plants.
Applied to the lunar calendar of gardening in November 2020:
- Fruit days in November 2020: Sunday, November 8, Monday, November 9, Tuesday, November 10, Tuesday, November 17, Wednesday, November 18, Thursday, November 19, Friday, November 27, Saturday, November 28.
- Root days in November 2020: Monday, November 1, Tuesday, November 2, Wednesday, November 3, Thursday, November 4, Wednesday, November 11, Thursday, November 12, Friday, November 13, Sunday, November 29, Monday, November 30.
- Flower days in November 2020: Thursday, November 5, Friday, November 6, Saturday, November 14, Friday, November 20, Saturday, November 21, Sunday, November 22.
- Leaf days in November 2020: Saturday, November 7, Sunday, November 15, Monday, November 16, Monday, November 23, Tuesday, November 24, Wednesday, November 25, Thursday, November 26.